Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 2014 08:59:18 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        by <free7by@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PKG ISSUE

--T4NxgPrvSrIDR5b4

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 10:55:55AM +0800, by via freebsd-hackers wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I would say, I find a problem happens in the new pkg(1.3.5.1), which is:
> #pkg update
> Upgrade pkg to 1.3.5.1
> #pkg install en-freebsd-doc
> Install the documents of freebsd
> Then I try to clean the cache
> #pkg clean
> And I get: Nothing to do.
> But question is, in /var/cache/pkg, downloaded packages still there.
>=20
> I would say, does this means some bug get into pkg 1.3.5.1, or how can I =
do to clean the cache using pkg tool.
>=20
Reading the man page of pkg clean via man pkg-clean of pkg help clean would=
 have
given you, to quote some part of it:

[...]
    pkg clean is used to cleanup the local cache of packages downloaded from
    remote repositories.  It removes packages that have been superseded by
    newer versions, and any packages that are no longer provided.

[...]

     -a, --all
              Delete all cached packages.

[...]