Date:      Mon, 28 Nov 2005 01:54:56 +0530
From:      Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com>
To:        Kim Culhan <w8hdkim@gmail.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stable Worldstones - Intel P4 vs AMD

Kim Culhan sat at his 'puter and typed on 11/28/2005 1:40:
> On 11/27/05, Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Kim Culhan sat at his 'puter and typed on 11/28/2005 1:05:
>>

>>> Running -Stable make world with recent Intel and AMD hardware
>>> yielded some interesting results.
>>>

>> Let us have a look at /etc/make.conf. BTW, my *personal* opinion is AMD
>> implements much better pipelining and concurrent processing compared to
>> the Intel platform. So what you see is not something entirely unexpected.
>>

> No /etc/make.conf in either case
>
> -kim
>
> --
> w8hdkim err gmail.com

Have a look at man 'make.conf' without the 's. Specially look closely at
the CFLAGS, COPTFLAGS and CPUTYPE variables. Also please be kind enough
not to send in HTML mails in this list. It's really irritating to
decipher mail content from within HTML tags for unlucky souls like me
who use a text based mail client to read mails.

Thanks
S.

     \   /     |                 Subhro Sankha Kar
      \./      |   GSM: +919831010002      --  Fax: +919831832913
     (0Y0)     |    MSN: subhro@subhro.org --  Yahoo!: subhro82