Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 21:30:26 -0700
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Wayne M Barnes <stabilizer@klentaq.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: StarOffice5.1a

Wayne M Barnes wrote:

> Dear Stable, knowlegable FreeBSDusers,
>
>     I am trying to install the free (from sun.com) Star Office 51
> for linux, on my FreeBSD 3.3 system.  My system runs at least one
> complex linux binary.

<SNIP>

>     Can anyone please advise me how to successfully install
>     (on FreeBSD 3.3)
> Star Office 5.1a from the $9.95 CD that sun.com does send out?

	Just this afternoon I installed Star Office on a 3.3-STABLE box.  I'm
not sure of the exact version of Star Office though, I downloaded it
from Sun's web site this afternoon.  The instructions that I used can be
found at :

http://www.stat.duke.edu/~sto/StarOffice51a/install.html

I found these instructions to be right on the money and the install went
with out any problems.  I haven't really had a chance to use it much,
just played a little, but so far so good.  It looks like I owe Sean
O'Connell a thank you.

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu
Water Programs - CSU Sacramento