Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 23:28:06 -0800
From:      Mark Weisman <mark@outlander.us>
To:        User & <cyberlord@cyberlord.net.dhis.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making MACs and Windows talk

User,
   There are many different application that can be used to do this,
however the first question I would have would be "what are you wanting
to do?" Although this may sound a little redundant at this point, the
reason I ask is that if you're talking about networking Mac's to a
WindowsNT/2K Server, then you're done. By using Mac file sharing on the
server, mission accomplished.
   Now if you're talking about having the Mac act like a PC, maybe run
Windows as an OS, I recommend Connectix Virtual PC, which allows you to
install all of the Windows OS, Linux, to name a few on the Mac running
in a Virtual Machine. Natively, the newer Mac all speak TCP/IP, so
networking is already there. File Sharing may be a little trickier if
you're using a "Peer-to-Peer" style of network, however, it can be done.

Let me know,
His Humble Servant,
Mark