Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2019 16:33:34 +0000
From:      Alfredo Dal Ava Junior <alfredo.junior@eldorado.org.br>
To:        Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@freebsd.org>, Kevin Smallman <pipeline79@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Feedback for ports on 12.1 stable snapshot/ppc64

On powerpc 32 bit, try llvm90 or llvm-devel, as the support for this platfo=
rm receive huge improvements recently. llvm80 support is basic and the link=
er doesn't generate valid code for non-static binaries.

There's a very active work[1] to move powerpc64 to llvm and to the ELF ABI =
v2 at same time. The powerpc 32 bit is also being worked on, but I don't ha=
ve any 32 bit hardware available to test..

If you would like to give a try, please let me know and I'll prepare an exp=
erimental 32bit disc1.iso with llvm9 already included as base compiler. Wou=
ld be nice to have more people involved.

Thanks,
Alfredo

[1] https://wiki.freebsd.org/powerpc/llvm-elfv2