Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 14:06:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Beattie <beattie@aracnet.com>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        Kai =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gro=DFjohann?= <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE>, freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: feedback on CD install of 4.0-RC2

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> Kai Gro=DFjohann wrote:
> >=20
> > "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com> writes:
> >=20
> > > I really kinda wish you'd point them to Novice^H^H^H^H^HStandard
> > > instead since it does more than be a bit more verbose, it also makes
> > > sure that all the appropriate steps are covered and prevents even
> > > relatively skilled people from hanging themselves.
> >=20
> > Does this mean that this option should be called `guided'?  I know a
> > little bit about Unix but haven't installed FreeBSD more than five
> > times or so.  And I always thought that the novice install meant that
> > I didn't get as many choices...
>=20
> "Guided". I like it. That's *PRECISELY* what this installation option
> is. There is NO difference in the number of choices available in any of
> the three types.
>=20
> Guided/Express/Expert. That's my vote.

This still implies that Expert nee Custom is superior to Guided nee
Novice, in ways that it is not.  As far as I can tell the only thing
Expert provides is the ability to skip steps and to do steps in the wrong
order so that the install will fail.

Standard/Express/Exceptional.  Would be my vote, if I had a vote which I'm
sure I don't.

Brian Beattie            | The only problem with
beattie@aracnet.com      | winning the rat race ...
www.aracnet.com/~beattie | in the end you're still a rat