Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 00:44:32 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, dg@root.com, mturpin@shadow.spel.com, toasty@home.dragondata.com, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network adapters: Technical issues

At 11:29 PM 12/16/98 -0800, Mike Smith wrote:

>If I knew of any ISA 100Mbps adapters, don't you think I'd have
>mentioned them?  If I say "I don't believe we do", then I damn well
>mean it!

Really... you don't have to shout! It's just that the cost of an
upgrade would be significantly more than the $150 it would take
to replace the motherboard. There's also RAM.... Those systems
use older SIMMs. And a new motherboard is likely to be in the ATX
form factor; those 486es use the AT form factor. So between the
case and the RAM and the motherboard and the CPU and the keyboard
(yep, the old ones use AT, not PS/2, keyboards) we're almost talking
about throwing out the box.

--Brett