Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:10:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jochem Kossen <j.kossen@home.nl>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/30947: mail/mahogany fails to build, conflicts with /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h

The following reply was made to PR ports/30947; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jochem Kossen <j.kossen@home.nl>
To: "S. Kiernan" <sab@vegamuse.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 23:01:08 +0100

 On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 11:51:30AM -0500, S. Kiernan wrote:
 > > Yes, this compiles without problems, also with documentation. Thanks for
 > > solving this :-) The PR can be closed if this is committed i think.
 > > I haven't seen anything from the maintainer for a long time, but if
 > > you're still alive, maintainer? could you do something with it?
 > >
 > > Also, i'm currently in the process of building a port for mahogany
 > > 0.63...This was real easy since new versions of mahogany compile without
 > > any patches on freebsd. Only problem is the docs, which are a pain in
 > > the behind to create(LaTeX), unless i use some precompiled docs...I've
 > > already sent mail to the mahogany developers about this, and waiting for
 > > answers right now...
 > >
 > > Again, maintainer? are you still there? ;)
 > >

 > I have a 0.63 port finished, but the maintainer of Mahogany itself wanted
 > me to wait for 0.64, which is due out any time now.

 Unfortunately, a new bug has just been discovered according to the
 developers...0.64 will yet again be delayed for some time...

 Besides, the port is kinda broken right now, so why not just commit your
 0.63 port or the patch from Frank Schoenman?

 Oh, if you want to see my port of 0.63, it's kinda ready too...Another
 reason i built it was that i needed a port with a big set of files, to
 create a pkg-plist generator, mahogany seemed to fit nicely in that
 picture...
 Anyway, if you need it, just ask :-)

 Greets,

 Jochem