Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:15:46 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Dirk Gouders <gouders@et.bocholt.fh-gelsenkirchen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Translation and modification of ports

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 10:23:12PM +0200, Dirk Gouders wrote:
> The problem is that if I use the attribute "lang=de" for the element
> "book", some modifications to two parts of the stylesheets would
> be necessary and I am not sure about what other problems might arise
> if the translation of a part of the documentation involves changes to
> existing ports, namely dsssl-docbook-modular-1.48...

You shouldn't have to do that.  You can put your own DSSSL in to
doc/<lang>/share/sgml/freebsd.dsl, and it should be used in preference to
whatever is in the main stylesheets.

> The files I had to modify to get the build process working, were
>
> /usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/common/dbl1de.dsl
>
> and
>
> /usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl/modular/common/dbl1de.ent

Can you post the diffs you had to make?  Then I can show you how you can
do this 'in your tree' without needing to modify the port.