Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:12:19 -0700
From:      "Mike Lane" <lane@tfs.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   netstat -i  and Oerrs

I running a FreeBSD machine (Pentium Pro 200) with a SMC9332BDT Ethernet
board. The Ethernet is running full duplex at 100Mbps. The network board is
connected to a 3COM Ethernet Switch model 3C16464.

When you do a netstat -i  it show an extremely large number of Oerrs. Opkts
59363 and Oerrs 59019. There appears to be an Oerr for every packet sent.
The receiving device gets the packets with no problems.

If I connect the Ethernet to a hub, which forces the Ethernet connection to
half duplex, the errors go away.

Is there a problem running FreeBSD full duplex or am I getting false Oerrs?

Thanks

Mike Lane