Date:      Wed, 07 Oct 1998 23:44:20 +0200
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What kind of SCSI controller is in a Compaq Proliant 3000?

Just got my hands on a nice shiny new Compaq Proliant 3000 server (yes,
I know Compaqs are weird in some ways, but this is beyond my control).
I'd like to install FreeBSD on it, but the problem is that no SCSI disk
controller is detected (and thus no SCSI disks) by the 3.0 boot disk.
The standard Proliant 3000 config:

	http://www.compaq.com/products/servers/proliant3000/index.html

mentions a dual channel wide-ultra SCSI-3 controller, and this is indeed
what the BIOS claims it has.

I thought it might be an Adaptec (with a different PCI Chip ID). Will try
to have a look at the actual controller tomorrow. Meanwhile, does anybody
know kind of beast this SCSI controller is?