Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 1995 10:45:45 -0200 (EDT)
From:      lenzi <lenzi@mtm.ufsc.br>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wow!

More tales....

I run TWO systems running 2.0 version in video shops
with 1 dumb terminal connected to the com1 port and
an internal modem to then com4 port.

The systems controls 12000 tapes, using ingres dbms
with an "c" written application, that receives updates
from a central shop using uucp.

There is no UPS, no stabilizer, the system only goes
down when the power goes off. I can never imagine if
I would ever use another OS for such a task.
My friends used Windows, with norton, virus, backups,
no-breaks, disk mirrors, backup of fats...
When I switch to UNIX and BSD they say I was crazy,
the history, showed I was right.

Now I am using FreeBSD to make WANS and printer servers,
www servers and connecting LANS using OS/2 connect.
My customers are giving up from WIN95... I proved them
it makes more sense using FreeBSD to manage their WANS
than anything else.

I don't know why the SCO people does not talk to me
any more ??.

I am now installing and FreeBSD box in a large SCO
reseller to build HTML pages. They became impressioned
with the X window and then xfm/fvwm interface available.

In a HP reseller, they bought 4 BSD CD-roms for installing
at home replacing the windows they have.

I'm very satisfied with the system.!!!!

Lenzi, Sergio
email: lenzi@mtm.ufsc.br