Date:      Fri, 02 May 2008 09:04:16 -0700
From:      Rudy <crapsh@monkeybrains.net>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   need help:  Compiz + nvidia GeForce 6150

Hello,
I've been hitting my head against the wall on this one for a while.  I'm
having trouble getting compiz to work on my system.
In FreeBSD 6.x I had beryl/emerald running and it worked FAST... cube
switching, wobbly windows, etc.

compiz --sm-disable --indirect-rendering --replace ccp
make the windows redraw REAL slow, unusable.

compiz --sm-disable --replace ccp
Without indirect-rendereing, the Desktop goes black, and newly launched
windows are all black:

Here is my system info:

# Driver
nvidia-driver-169.12 NVidia graphics card binary drivers for hardware OpenGL

# Dmesg info
nvidia0: <GeForce 6150> mem
0xfc000000-0xfcffffff,0xd0000000-0xdfffffff,0xfb000000-0xfbffffff irq 16
at device 5.0 on pci0
nvidia0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
nvidia0: [ITHREAD]

# OS version
FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE

# xorg.conf
Section "Module"
    Load           "dbe"
    Load           "extmod"
    Load           "type1"
    Load           "freetype"
    Load           "glx"
EndSection
ection "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Samsung"
    ModelName      "SyncMaster 204BW"
    HorizSync       30.0 - 110.0
    VertRefresh     50.0 - 150.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "RenderAccel" "True"
    Option         "XANoOffscreenPixmaps"
    Option         "DamageEvents" "True"
    Option         "DisableGLXRootClipping" "True"
    Option         "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
    Option         "NoRenderExtension" "False"
    Option         "AllowGLXWithComposite" "True"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes      "nvidia-auto-select"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection

Please help me get compiz working!  If I can't get this working, I'm
considering buying a card for my PCIe 16x slot.  What have people used
to get compiz working?

Rudy