Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:50:22 -0500
From:      "Rob Snow" <rsnow@lgc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   NFS performance between Linux & FreeBSD

Issue:

FreeBSD client (3.2 Release) to Linux (2.2.10) server and vice-versa I get
great reads.

FreeBSD client to Linux server, I get really good writes.

Linux client to FreeBSD server I get about 4x slower writes.
2.37 sec for a 16MB cp qtrial99.exe test.exe vs. 10.21 sec for the same
(~16MB file)
done via 100Mbit FDX switch with 595 on the Linux box, fxp on the FreeBSD
box.
wsize&rsize set to 8K, vers=3, proto=udp,nolock (seems to be the fastest)
ftp's look pretty close to the same.

Where do I go from here to debug the issue?
Unfortunately, I don't have any other UNIX boxen on the network to verify
where the problem is. (it's at home)

-Rob