Date:      Mon, 24 May 2004 17:47:26 -0500
From:      "R. Tyler Ballance" <tyler@ekkobsd.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Java SDk 1.4.2_04

Howdy there, i"m happy to say, I finally gave up on Fedora, and came back to
FreeBSD

Anyways, I'm a java-student in college and all that fun stuff, and I'm having
trouble building the JDK14 port (/usr/ports/java/jdk14)

The ports say they require revision 02 which is completely abscent from
java.sun.com, so I just stuck the 04 in the distfiles directory, and changed
the MD5 sum in the distinfo (/usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14) file and the
Makefile variable JDK_REVISION

Anyways, i keep getting errors in that same port's  (/usr/ports/java/
linux-sun-jdk14) work directory, it's giving me this

/usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14/work/install.sfx: 1: Syntax error: ")"
unexpected
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14.
*** Error code 1

If anybody either a) has the 02 revision
or
b) knows a workaround or a fix for this I'd be much obliged ;)

(also: I tried IBM's JDK and whatnot, i'm under 5.2.1 btw, and it built fine,
but it suffers from memory stack errors etc, I have the linuxprocfs mounted
and whatnot, but it just won't work :-/)

A way to get ANY JDK working would be nice ;)

-Tyler
ekkoBSD.org