Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:25:16 +0100
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        FreeBSD questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: UK keyboard and missing ? character

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 01:22:34PM +0100, Darren wrote:

> I can't use the ? (pound) character under FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE, i've
> tried with console and remotely logging in.
>
> I have my keymap set to the uk.cp850, here are some of my rc.conf options
>
> keymap="uk.cp850"
> keychange="YES"
> font8x8="YES"
> keyrate="250.34"
> allscreens_flags=""     # Set this vidcontrol mode for all virtual screens
> allscreens_kbdflags=""  # Set this kbdcontrol mode for all virtual screens
This works for me:

#
# Auxiliary devices
#
# vid/keybd mode settings:
keymap="uk.cp850"
keyrate="fast"
font8x8="swiss-8x8"
allscreens_flags="-h 14500 80x50"

the scrollback buffer 14500 might be overkill, remove it or set it
lower to your taste. 80x50 is quite a nice resolution, again up to you.
I think the 'fast' keyrate is equivalent to 250.34 IIRC.

--
Jez

http://www.munk.nu/