Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:06:17 -0700
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Adam C. Migus" <adam@migus.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:    Re: config files in packages (Re: (proposal) new flag forpkg_delete)

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 02:26:27PM -0400, Adam C. Migus wrote:
[about ports/sysutils/etcmerge, 3-way merge for /etc]
> I have been playing with your package for a little while now.  I
> like it so far and was waiting to see if you had anything else in
> the way of enhancements for it prior to commenting (as you've only
> released 0.2 thus far).  You're point about the base install didn't
> bother me as I was using it for diskless installations.
>
> I like both of your ideas, adapting it for ports and for sysinstall.
> Have you received any feedback?  Are there any known bugs or
> limitations in the current revision that might preclude
> experimentation with doing this now?

I've not received any feedback beyond a single mail saying that it was
not possible to run (because I'd tested a different version than I
committed due to a problem with a PATH setting here), and that some
people loved the program based on the description.

There isn't any specific limitations that should block playing with it -
the main thing I miss for it is that I haven't taken the time to compile
a complete testsuite for it yet.

The only known "bugs" is that the documentation isn't perfect (I know a
number of things I'd like to fix in it, including documenting the
options available), and that the options are specific for some commands
instead of being general.

Eivind.