Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 19:11:48 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        java@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org, Kees Jan Koster <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>, nate@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Native JDK1.2.2 port

Hi folks,

I would like to inform you that I created skeleton for building native jdk1.2.2
and put it into official ports collection (java/jdk12-beta). This port is
expected to make building/installation of jdk significantly easier, so the user
would only need to d/l appropriate files (jdk sources from Sun and FreeBSD
patchset), put it into usual place and do make install. I will appreciate any
comments/patches/suggestions etc. about this port. Also it would be nice if
someone will insert appropriate news entry onto FreeBSD Java pages, as well as
update appropriate building instructions.

-Maxim