Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:48:48 -0700 (MST)
From:      Duane Wessels <0ac5@measurement-factory.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for working USB flash drive

I'm looking for a USB flash drive (aka thumb drive or pen drive)
that just works with 4.X.

I recently bought such a device called "JetFlash" and made by
Transcend.  Even after adding an entry to the SCSI quirks table,
it doesn't work.  The kernel reports:

	uhub1: ACDC Inc. USB Hub, class 9/0, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 3
	umass0: ACDC Inc. USB Mass Storage, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 4
	(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): got CAM status 0x4
	(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): fatal error, failed to attach to device
	(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): lost device
	(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): removing device entry

(Perhaps the problem is because this device appears to have a built-in
USB hub?)

If others are successfully using similar devices, I'd like to know
the particular brands and model numbers.  If not, my company is
willing to pay some kernel hackers to make such a device work.

Duane W.