Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:56:03 -0000
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <yongari@kt-is.co.kr>
To:        pf4freebsd@freelists.org
Subject:   [pf4freebsd] Re: nfsd send error 1 probably caused by pf ?

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:56:54PM +0100, Florian C. Smeets wrote:
 > Hi all,
 >=20
 > i think there is a problem with with pf and using nfs. When i have pf=20
 > enabled on the nfs-server i get a lot of these messages
 >=20
 > Nov 12 19:38:57 bender kernel: nfsd send error 1
 > Nov 12 19:46:27 bender last message repeated 68 times
 > Nov 12 19:56:10 bender last message repeated 5 times
 > Nov 12 20:08:40 bender last message repeated 120 times
 >=20
 > for example when building world over nfs. It doesn't cause any=20
 > corruption as far as i can tell. I have been getting these messages=20
 > for about 2 or 3 months and just didn't recognize that pf it probably=20
 > causing it. I'm alwas running current with the latest pf. I had pf=20
 > disabled for the last about 10 days and didn't get any of these=20
 > messages. Today i build version 2.00, enabled it, build world over nfs=
=20
 > and bang there it was again. I don't really know how to debug this=20
 > further. So any hints are appreciated.
 >=20
Does nfs client is FreeBSD-CURRENT machine?
Which NFS version do you use?(NFS V2 or NFS V3)
Do you use some special mount options such as -r or -w?
Do you have a scrub rule such as 'reassemble tcp'?
Can you post entire pf ruleset?
(I want to reproduce the problem on my box.)

BTW, there might be bugs in FreeBSD-CURRENT nfs code.
If you read CURRENT list you already noticed some users reported
nfs problems.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=3D106760358200002&r=3D1&w=3D2

 > Regards,
 > flo