Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 00:08:10 -0400
From:      "Paul Missman" <missmanp@adelphia.net>
To:        "William Woods" <wwoods@cybcon.com>, "John Kelly" <jak@cetlink.net>
Cc:        "Yves Holzgen" <yves.holzgen@mba.be>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD versus LINUX

Here is one answer:

On one network, about 1976, we used to have about 20 Linux boxes.

However, after a change in the Linux network software for some
other improvements, if I remember correctly,  we started having
problems.  Everything would be fine up to about 250 client
connections per box.  After that, the OS would become unstable,
drop connections, etc.  Fixing those
problems was a low priority with the Linux folks at the time, so
we switched all the Linux boxes to FreeBSD.  No problems after
that.  So, if you had large numbers of TCP/IP connections per
box, FreeBSD became the way to go

Paul Missman

P.S.  Linux may have since corrected those problems, but I don't
think we are going to switch back now.

>I am kinda interested in the answer too....I just switched to
FreeBSD but would
>like a little more realistic answer......I know lots of
professionals that use