Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:04:36 -0400
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "The Thains" <thain@bcinternet.net>
Subject:   Re: term command on ppp

On Wed, 09 Sep 1998 22:10:02 -0700, The Thains wrote:

>ppp ON phantom> term
>Working in interactive mode
>Entering terminal mode.
>Type '~?' for help.
>
>After this my computer freezes and I can't even use CTRL+C to break it...I
>have to reset it. I'm not at all familiar with the term command so if I'm
>doing something wrong or if there are certain commands that I need to know
>please let me know..

Did you type ~? to get term's help ??

If you do, it will tell you how to end term, at least.  Also, when your
computer was apparently hung, did you try switching to another virtual
terminal with Alt-F2 or Alt-F3 ??

I suspect it's not really hung, you just don't know how to "talk" to
term.

Once you're in term, you are ready to type commands to your modem, try
at <enter> and the modem should respond with OK.

This is explained in man ppp.  Did you read the man page ??