Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:52:34 -0500
From:      Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ivan_Debn=E1r?= <debnar@o-c.sk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA RAID HPT370 - problem installing

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 05:46:36PM +0100, Ivan Debnár wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask Soren if the ATA RAID on HPT370 is working and is
> suitable for installing system from scratch.

*snip*

> The drive is correctly found, but the sysinstall doesn't pick it up and
> doesn't offer me to partition the drive, it only suggests ad4 and ad6
> as available drives.
>
> Has anyone else exhibit this problem? In the source code of sysinstal
> (devices.c), these is ar0 - ATA RAID mentioned as DISK DRIVE, but it
> doesn't seem to get to use it.

According to:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/release/sysinstall/devices.c

Soren added the ar device to sysinstall on Mon Oct 30 17:30:28 2000 UTC,
which might not have made it onto the Nov 1 snapshot.  Can you try a
newer shapshot when it becomes available?

--
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org