Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:32:22 -0400
From:      "Yong Lim" <yong@csfi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   help new install won't boot...

Hi,
   I just installed 4.2 in an HP Kayak PII 400 system and the kernel won't
load.  I then reboot from the CD and go to the fixit menu and this is the
warning I got:

Warning:  ldconfig could not create the ld.so hints file.  Dynamic
executables from the CDROM likely won't work.

   Has anyone install FreeBSD on one of these systems?  Do have to set
something important in the BIOS?  Help...

Yong