Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 08:37:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        John Flowers <John.Flowers@botcc.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Certifications

> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, John Flowers wrote:
>
> > Where do I go to find classes to be certified in FreeBSD.
>
> 	Short answer, there aren't any. Longer answer, it wouldn't mean
> anything even if there were.

You are making that smart person mistake - those of us in the trenches
realise that certification courses are waste (Ive known several certified
stupid people) - BUT business is a game, and non-techie managers need
something to go by to feel they are making a good hire choice, and
unfortunately buy into the cert thing.