Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 1995 08:19:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   NCR810/Barracuda Question

Hi,

Anybody tried the following combination?

FreeBSD 2.0.5R, ASUS Pentium MB + NCR 810 (ASUS) controllers, Seagate
Barracuda ST15150N 4GB SCSI disk..  (two controllers, each with a 12550 2GB
drive and a Micropolis 4GB drive of some sort currently, which are being
replaced with the Barracuda 4GB drive because they're flakey).

The current setup with the Micropolis works fine.

When I hook up the Barras, I get

sd3: error reading primary partition table reading fsbn 0 (sd3 bn 0 cn 0 tn
0 s
assertion "cp == np->header.cp" failed: file ../../pci/ncr.c line 5235
assertion "cp" failed: file ../../pci/ncr.c line 5236
ncr1: targ 2? ERROR(80:100) (e-ab-2) (8/13)@(10d4:e000000)
reg: da 10 0 13 47 8 2 1f 0 e 82 ab 80 0 3 0

Pardon any liberties I inadvertently took, it was rapidly scribbled :-)

After Round 1 went like this, I went and laid down a DOS partition table
which appeared to work fine and let me format c:, and then tried again, same
results.  The driver assertion errors worried me however...

Anybody able to toss me a suggestion or two?

Thanks in advance,

... Joe