Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 09:29:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        dhw@whistle.com, jacques@ctech.ac.za
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail 8.9.1a

>Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:09:00 +0200
>From: Jacques Hugo <jacques@ctech.ac.za>

>> Because you're either not specifying them correctly or you're specifying
>> them ini an order such that m4 doesn't know about them until it's too
>> late to make use of them.

>Thanks for the reply David, but I do specify them correctly.

As I pointed out earlier, MAIL_HUB is *not* a "FEATURE"; it's a
"define".  That distinction is non-trivial.

>Even tried
>http://www.harker.com/cgi-bin/gen.sendmail.cf/make.sendmail.html.cgi/index
>and you still have to make changes to the .cf file for some features
>to work.

I confess that I haven't looked at Mr. Harker's sendmail information.
He's certainly seemed to know what he was talking about when I've heard
him speak, though.

However, since I switched to using the m4 sendmail configuration
technique (late '93), I have *never* needed to modify the .cf file to
accomplish anything -- period.  I stand by my earlier statement.

>Anyway, all is sorted out now with masquerading and stuff, no
>complaints.

I'm glad it's working for you, even though you're accomplishing a rather
different objective.

david
--
David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621