Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 10:31:10 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        julian@elischer.org (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Promise Fasttrack RAID controller

It seems Julian Elischer wrote:
> Does anyone KNOW of these working under the
> new drivers? What about setup?

They are supported by the ATA driver, setup as usual, ie none
they just work...

> I've seen plenty about people failing (in 98-99)
> to get tehm going but the archives are silent on the topic
> after that period. The hardware support lists don't mention
> them either.

That must have been with the old wd driver, man ata :)

Remember though that we see them just as a normal ATA controller
what they in reality are. The Promise RAID stuff is just
software in the BIOS, you are better of with ccd/vinum.

-Søren