Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:25:10 +0200
From:      Andrei Kolu <antik@bsd.ee>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: xorg-7.3_1

On Thursday 06 March 2008 21:45:22 Laurent Grangeau wrote:
> Hi there !
>
> I've been using FreeBSD now for 4 months and it's a great OS. But is there
> a way to install minimal Xorg server without installing the meta-port (and
> thus, without all of the drivers) ?
>
> I'm using portinstall as the installer and I've been able to install
> completely xorg-xserver and nvidia-driver until now, but I'm not able tu
> launch the "startx" script. Where is that damned script (I mean, in which
> package) ?
>
> I'm running minimal install of FreeBSD 7.0.
>
> Regards,

You can manually disable parts that would be installed in Makefile per port.

For example remove all type1 (really ugly adobe) fonts dependency lines from
x11-fonts/xorg-fonts and then you can install xorg metaport without worrying
about those craptastic fonts anymore. Less dependencies, less fuss.

IMHO

Andrei