Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:16:00 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   issue with umass plugged-in during boot up

This is sort of a follow up to the issue of kernel panic when a system
is booted with umass device plugged in.

Cursory point: I remember having the issue myself when I loaded scsi_low
and cam as modules. I blamed it on sg being present in cam.ko, but I
have no facts. After I added scsi devices to kernel (sans sg) I stopped
having the panics.

BTW, I use RELENG_7, i386, UP.

Anyway, I see a different issue with booting while a umass device is
connected. First issue was that k3b hasn't found my two cd/atapicam
devices. Then I executed camcontrol rescan all, it failed with EINVAL.
camcontrol reset all - the same error. ktrace showed that the error came
from ioctl on xpt device.
I rebooted without the umass device and everything went back to normal.
I'll try to do more debugging later.

--
Andriy Gapon