Date:      Sat, 03 Aug 1996 04:46:15 -0500
From:      samurai@iosys.net (Rich Bornhofer)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hmm.. ftp and com 4..

Hello again.. ok, i felt stupid when i realized shortly after my last
question that i could do a -c and set ports on and off.. so i set com 2
disabled, and com 4 enabled.. I was given the option to PPP with com4
then, but still was having problems. I went as far as disabling com2 and
com3, and leaving the irq for com4 as -1 to have the probe resolve it,
as my com2 and com4 both share irq 3, this had been futile as well.
Every time i go to the alt+f3 screen, i try things like set phone, set
dial atdt, or some other junk.. even just 'term' right away, and i get
NO response from my modem. *sigh* As i am a stubborn bastich, i refuse
to move my modem.. there has to be a way to get through..
  I will keep playing with the install disk and trying even more
combinations, but if anyone has any ideas as to how i can get the ppp to
let me have my modem, i would be very arriciative, as i don't have room
on my system for the dist files if i expect to put the bsd down.
  Thank you for your time,
   Ray, the would-be hacker (but he can't hack in to his modem ;)

samurai@iosys.net