Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 07:42:05 -0500
From:      Stephen A Derdau <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
To:        Quintin Roux <quintin@topspeed.co.za>
Cc:        Questions FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ed0 Timeout

Quintin Roux wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I have a problem trying to get my Network Card running.
>
> FreeBSD Detects it correctly but when trying to run the GateWay it says
> "device ed0 timeout" what could be causing this?
>
> Regards,
> Quintin Roux

It cna be an irq conflict or address conflict.

after boot do dmesg:
not your irqs and i/o
next boot up again at boot: type "-c"
this will get you into configure mode.
go to visual look for network and see ifyou can chang i/o and irq on
your
card. However if your card is allready set via dos you may have to
change that
setting to something that's available on both.

I'm new to this stuff .  I hope this helps you.

WARNING  my answer may be right or it may be wrong.

I say 51 to 49 %.
I won't say which way :-)

But you may want to check into this.