Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:37:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Ron Steele <ron@dc.infi.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Star Office

I had the same problems.  I'm not sure what make it work, but here's what I did.

1) Make sure all the files are owned by you.  chown -R username *
2) Make sure you own the directory it's in.
3) When it starts, start to modify the preferences.  I thought it might be that
it was trying to check my email for me, since it has the web capabilities
installed.

Are you running this on a 486, by any chance?  Just a thought...

Make sure you clear the shared memory when you are done with it, since it'll
tie up the shared memory otherwise.

Check it with ipcs

then you can clear it with:
#!/bin/sh

for shmid in `ipcs | grep $USER | grep "^m" | awk '{print $2}'`; do
        ipcrm -m $shmid
done
# EOF

Careful!  That will clear all your shared memory, so if another program is
using some, it could be deleted!

Patrick