Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2000 16:46:16 -0500
From:      Glenn Johnson <glennpj@bayouhome.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mySQL or PostgreSQL

I want to implement a SQL database on my home system. I will use this as
experience to implement one on a larger scale at work. After looking at
Web sites and scanning the FreeBSD mail list archives, I have narrowed
my choice down to mySQL or PostgreSQL. I am leaning toward PostgreSQL
but my understanding is that mySQL has better performance.

I am soliciting input from people who have used one or both of these
programs as to their experiences and opinions about which one someone
new to SQL should start with. Also, which one works best with FreeBSD? I
am running FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE.

Thanks in advance.

--
Glenn Johnson