Date:      Tue, 09 Apr 2002 09:16:29 -0500
From:      Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>
To:        "Eric Lam" <elam101083@earthlink.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Installing mod_ssl to Apache

Oh, no!!! I went with the latest apache+mod_ssl-1.3.24+2.8.8 That's exactly
the route I used and while Apache+modssl worked, I could not get
frontpage-5.0.2.2623_1 OR the mod_frontpage-1.6.1 to add on and work
properly. There may be a way, but I could not find it. So, instead, I
installed apache_fp-1.3.23 from the ports and succeeded in getting that
version to work so I could get the FP extensions working properly again and
have a working system again.

One of the largest complaints is installing FP extensions. My last install
a few months ago went fine however and so did this combo once I chose that
one. But, still without modssl unfortunately.

This is why I am back to just adding the modssl approach.... lesser of the
"evils"...???