Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 1995 20:40:28 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ache@astral.msk.su
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wu-ftpd patch to exclude international stuff from startup messages

 * Satoshi, how about applying this patch? It isn't emergency,
 * but without it ftpd startup message looks ugly, you can check it
 * by login anonymously to dt.demos.su (I don't rebuild it there).

Sorry, I asked the maintainer (Torsten) and the person who did the
last big change (Justin) about it and was waiting for their response.
As you can see, it's committed now.

By the way, what's the problem?  I get this:

=======
>> ncftp dt.demos.su
Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
Current local time Fri Oct 20 06:38:07 1995.
You are 1 user of your class.

This is a private computer facility.   Access for any reason must be
specifically authorized by the owner.  Unless you are so authorized,
your continued  access and any other use may  expose you to criminal
and/or civil proceedings.

Please, report any problems to ache@astral.msk.su

Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
Logged into deep-thought.demos.su.
NcFTP 1.9.4 (April 15, 1995) by Mike Gleason, NCEMRSoft.
Tip: NcFTP was compiled with the GNU Readline command-line/history editor!
     To activate it, use the up & down arrows to scroll through the history,
     and/or use EMACS-style (or maybe VI-style) commands to edit the line.
deep-thought.demos.su:/
ncftp>quit
=======

It doesn't look very ugly to me.... ;)