Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 1997 11:22:42 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-970124-SNAP

At 04:07 PM 1/26/97 -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>> (3) When running /stand/sysinstall from the command line I got a dialog-box
>> saying "error mounting /dev/wcd0c on /dist" - right after startup.
>> Everything worked after cancelling the dialog, though.
>
>Hmmm, interesting.  Is your CDROM already mounted or not when you
>do this?

I don't think it should be mounted - I didn't change /etc/fstab or do any
manual mounts; just a plain install and reboot.  The box is 600 km (approx
400 miles?) away at the moment; I won't be able to get it checked for a few
hours.

>> (5) The XFree package was not available.
>
>Really?  What media type?  It's certainly on ftp.cdrom.com

FTP install from ftp.freebsd.org.  XFree3.2 didn't work, while all other
packages did.

Eivind Eklund / perhaps@yes.no / http://maybe.yes.no/perhaps/