Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:00:16 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
Cc:        Dan Larsson <dl@tyfon.net>, FreeBSD Stable List <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BIND-9.x

[Late response, but I am still catching up on DNS/BIND issues]

-On [20010702 17:59], Karsten W. Rohrbach (karsten@rohrbach.de) wrote:
>bind should be made a port, IMHO, and take it's way out of the base
>system, being replaced by an asynchronous resolver library (there are
>many).

Taking BIND out of the base system as well as things like sendmail and
god knows what not requires effort to get sysinstall to provide ease of
install/use to install and integrate it with the system should someone
desire it.

[Just to let you know this had been discussed to death in the past and
no-one stepped forward to take this up yet.  Well, aside from the libh
project, but that's future music and doesn't solve the issues we have
right now. So, by all means...]

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven/Asmodai asmodai@[wxs.nl|freebsd.org|xmach.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder, finger asmodai@ninth-circle.dnsalias.net