Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 2008 00:56:13 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <alfred@freebsd.org>
To:        Andrew Snow <andrew@modulus.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trying to track down UFS "dup alloc" message on iSCSI

Hey Andrew, can you instrument the IO code a bit?

It's possible that the iscsi stack is returning an error
that UFS isn't catching.

Or it's possible that iscsi stack is failing to return
an error and just dropping the data packet.

That could mean that UFS is assuming that the write is
going through, but isn't either because it's not catching
the error, or that iscsi is lying to it.

-Alfred