Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2003 07:38:29 -0800
From:      "Thanjee Neefam" <thanjee@fastmail.fm>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   MIDI

Hello,
I am not sure if this is most appropriate here, but there is no
sound-dev-current mailing list.

I was very happy when compiling my 5.0 kernel. For the first time "device
midi" compiled without giving any errors. This abnormal excitement only
led to misery when I discovered after rebooting that there still was no
MIDI.
Is MIDI going to be implemented soon? Who is working on it? Can I help
them? (I am not a very good programmer, but I can hack pre existing code,
and I am good at testing). MIDI is the ONLY thing stopping me from
running FreeBSD exclusively.

Also Gentoo is extremely unstable. I updated ports about 2 days ago and
installed it. I don't know if this is a 5.0 issue or a ports issue.

Cheers,
Tim