Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:32:28 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, janet@sanbi.ac.za
Subject:   Re: Bioinformatics Open Source Conference, 17-18 Aug, San Diego

Jordan K. Hubbard on 2000-07-27 (Thu) at 04:01:17 -0700:

> > The Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC - previously BioPerl) takes
> > place in San Diego on 17-18 August.  Unfortunately registration has already
> > closed - hence my lament that I forgot to post earlier!  See:
> >   http://ismb00.sdsc.edu/bosc2000/
>
> This looks very interesting - thank you also for the synopsis of
> Bioinformatics for us Bio-newbies here. :)

:-)

> I've contacted the organizers (cc'ing you) and offered them some free
> FreeBSD CDs if they'd like to make them available to attendees.  We
> can only hope they'll take me up on it.

Let me know if there is anything I can do (besides wearing my T-shirt :-)

I will be attending both BOSC and its parent conference, Intelligent Systems
for Molecular Biology (~770 attendees), with a delegation from the South
African National Bioinformatics Institute.  There will be at least two avid
FreeBSD users in our ranks - myself included.

Should the BOSC organisers not reply (and I don't see why they wouldn't) we
could possibly hand out material on a more casual basis?

-- Johann