Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 1995 11:18:46 -0200 (EDT)
From:      lenzi <lenzi@mtm.ufsc.br>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   dns root name server

Hi folks,

Would someone please help me.

I am trying to build a DNS in a net not connected
to the internet (20 hosts) ranging from 192.168.16.[1-20]

I have already build an DNS in a site connected to the
internet. It works fine. But this time the FreeBSD machines
and the linux ones are not connected to the internet so,
there is no "root name servers to connect".

I have tried the sugestion of the DNS and BIND book chapter 14 but
it does not work.

Any help would be apreciated, like samples of the
files db.root, named.boot, zones, revzones... Or where
I can find doc about.

Thanks,

Lenzi, Sergio
email: lenzi@mtm.ufsc.br