Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:04:02 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        John Turner <jturner@solidspeed.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrade kit unavailable

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 05:17:31PM -0500, John Turner wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I am trying to get the 4.0 to 4-STABLE upgrade kit from
> http://www.freebsd.org/ports.
>
> However, the kit is unavailable.
>
> Will there be a 4.0 upgrade kit at some point in the future?  Right now we
> are unable to use any ports for our 4.0 systems.

In theory, you could do without the upgrade kit if you update your
/usr/src and /usr/ports trees via cvsup, and rebuild your system
following the instructions in /usr/src/UPDATING.

However, I can see how that can be time-consuming and error-prone
for production systems; I think that there shall be a 4.0 upgrade
kit somewhere soon.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Hey, out there - is it *you* reading me, or is it someone else?