Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:42:51 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: timeout while detecting SD card

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 05:12:32PM +0200, Björn König wrote:
> Hello,
>
> yet another problem. I can't access the SD card. I googled a bit and
> noticed that I'm not the only one with this problem, but I haven't found a
> solution yet. Here are some details:
>
> Everything seems to work fine until sending the app command in
> mmc_wait_for_app_cmd. The driver gets an interrupt with a "response
> time-out error" set in status register. That's it.
>
> I tried to find the problem and executed an Atmel MCI demo programm in
> kernel shortly after mmc_scan. It does basically the same and detects the
> card in the SD card bay properly. There is one obvious difference: the
> demo doesn't use an interrupt service routine.
>
> I hope someone has a hint for me, once again. ;-)

All drivers expect the bootcode to setup the io-lines.
I also saw the effect that when booting via bootspi (MCI init added)
then the first boot may not find the card.
Booting via boot2 always succeed.
You may want to check about what redboot does about MCI init.

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd@bwct.de           info@bwct.de            support@fizon.de