Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:52:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Krauth <stephenk@stephenk.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fvwm2 gets buggy after a while...

Maybe off topic, but I've only noticed this under FreeBSD (3.1 and 4.1),
though I've used this wm under other OSs.

After a while of being logged in (and maybe after exiting xlock, though I
can't be sure if it always happens after an xlock) some parts of fvwm2
(current version 2.2.4 btw) suddenly stop working.  Clicking on an
'iconman' icon will no longer de-iconify a window.  All fvwm 'key'
commands fail to be captured.  For example, I have CTRL-SHIFT-[ARROWKEYS]
bound to jump around in a virtual desktop, along with many others; now
they are passed through to whichever terminal is focused.  Doing an fvwm
'restart' doesn't fix the problem - only a logout.

Anybody else seen this?

Steve K.                              U.F.O. - "For the feeler gauge in you."