Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 1995 05:27:32 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, jgreco@solaria.sol.net
Subject:   Re: panic: free vnode isn't

>My 1026-SNAP news server flipped this morning, again, with this error.  So
>it is an occasionally recurring problem.

>I forgot that I needed to define DODUMP in order for it to save a dump to
>disk, but will gladly recompile another kernel and do this, if it might be
>helpful.

No excuse :-).  DODUMP hasn't existed for about 6 months.  Use dumpon(8).

Perhaps known bogus options should be checked for in a central source file:

#ifdef CHILD_MAX
#warning "bogus option CHILD_MAX, RTFM setrlimit(2), sh(1) (ulimit)"
#endif
#ifdef DODUMP
#warning "bogus option DODUMP, fix your configuration and RTFM dodump(8)"
#endif

Bruce