Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 2017 23:23:45 +0000
From:      Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop@ntlworld.com>
To:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: help with man page content

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 03:19:17PM -0500, Ernie Luzar wrote:
> Hi List;
>
> I am creating a man page and I want to include the output from the ifconfig
> command. Is there some command I can wrap around all the lines to nullify
> the auto wrapping feature? Something like what is done to highlight text.
>
> thanks

Long while since I've written a manpage, but perhaps
https://liw.fi/manpages/ has something useful - maybe a new para
(.PP) for the command, possibly with an indent like in the example
there.

Failing that, perhaps start from a pod file with 'C' for inline
code, as at
https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/pod2man-a-great-way-to-write-unix-man-pages/

And if none of that helps, do what editors (people, not programs)
have to sometimes do - reword and reformat it ;)

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods