Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 21:32:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        ken@mui.net
Cc:        "hackers@FreeBSD.ORG" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998 ken@mui.net wrote:

> > If there's any resistance at ORA, it looks to me like the
> > (english-speaking) *BSD market isn't big enough, or the market
> > is suffering from aftershocks of the "fractionalization" of
> > the *BSD movement.
>
> actually, perhaps all it may take is for lots of us FreeBSD users to
> call ORA and ask them what books they have on FreeBSD.  ORA like
> other companies go by what they think the demand is.  Since most of
> the books they have directly apply to FreeBSD, I think it gets lost
> in the shuffle.  Mentioning the request by name should help, I think.
>
> a thought - I wonder if anyone would take the time to get the current
> genre of ORA books and post a kind of errata for FreeBSD users.  It
> would be nice ...

Perhaps as a result of this discussion, we could publish a list of ORA
(and others) contacts who can be called to ask for information on books
(etc) on the topic of FreeBSD?  I'm sure 400 people calling them over the
next week would raise some interest.  :)

  Robert N Watson

----
Carnegie Mellon University  http://www.cmu.edu/
Trusted Information Systems http://www.tis.com/