Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:14:43 +1000
From:      jonathan michaels <jlm@caamora.com.au>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Handbook Color Scheme

all,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 08:57:40AM +1000, Nigel Weeks wrote:

> I had a little play with your docbook.css file, and came up with something
> you might like.

i apologise in advance, for the fact that "like" is not a word that i
can use in connection with "colour schemes" on internet based (actually
any) documentation. for me (and those like me) it is far less esoteric,
it is a matter of being able to see/discern the text on/from the
background. colour discrimination is not a gift that all share equally
abundantly.

i am writing on behalf of the disabled people who are not able to
participate in community other than by what is available to them on
"the internet" and for those who have colour compromised vision.

> Here's a demo of it - I did attach it to my original email, but it was

stuff deleted

> http://www.aims.com.au/nigel/freebsd/docbook.css

also sorry for the fact that (at teh moment) i have neither teh
resources, excpet for a 13 inch vga monochrome screen that i have
reverted to using for all documentation "browsing".

i looked at teh file and found that if i did have the resources to
'read' this file as it should be i could not read the documentation

i am about to ressurect an old rebol script that display a #rrggbb
table for 8 bit (16 level grey scale) and 16 bit (256 level greyscale).
it also has a conversion routine that produces greyscale conversion for
#rrggbb input.

> Pop it in a document folder(backup your old one), and see what you think!

maybe one day teh processing, and teh hdd relestate and teh ability to
use a 21 inch colour screen.

regards

jonathan

Jonathan Michaels		 <jon at caamora dot com dot au>
PO Box 144, Rosebery, NSW 1445	 <http://www caamora com au / ~>
==== === appropriate solution in an inappropriate world === ====