Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 1995 01:42:08 +0059 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        sung!imdave@iwcs.att.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

> Probably a dumb question, but...  where are the sources
> for the packages under FreeBSD-2.0-RELEASE/packages?  I
> thought I caught a thread that said the sources were in
> the ports/ directory, but when I grabbed the audio/ directory
> for example, all I found were *patches* to the source.
> (I assume that these were the patches required to port
> the source to FreeBSD.)  So, where's the source that one
> can apply the patches against?

If you are internet connected simply type a make and the source
will automagically appear :-).
The Makefiles under ports/... contains descriptors for the original
sources on the net. You will also find most of the sources on the
FreeBSD Master sites under the ports/distfiles/ directory, if you
can't get them from an anonymous ftp site nearer to you.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe